- Nov 1953-Oct 1956 Flying Officer in the Education Branch of the U.K. Royal Air Force lecturing at the Royal Air Force Technical College, Henlow and then at the Royal Air Force College, Cranwell.
- Oct 1956-Feb 1958 Aerodynamicist working in the Aerodynamics Department at A. V. Roe and Co. Ltd., Manchester, U.K.
- Feb 1958-May 1960 Aeronautical Engineering Instructor under contract to the Imperial Ethiopian Air Force, Debre Zeit, Ethiopia.
- May 1960-May 1964 Aerodynamicist in charge of Group responsible for loading calculations and aerodynamic design of lifting surfaces with Hawker Siddeley Aviation, Coventry, U.K.
- May 1964-Sep 1966 Senior Lecturer in the Civil and Aeronautical Engineering Department of the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia; lecturing primarily in Aerodynamics.
- Sep 1966-Feb 1990 Employment in the Research and Development Department of the State Electricity Commission of Victoria, Australia. Commencing as a Research Engineer carrying out mathematical and physical model investigations of power station plant; subsequent positions included: Head Engineering Science Section, Senior Research Engineer, Head Fluid Mechanics Section, Coordinator Engineering Sections, Principal Research Engineer, culminating in appointment as Head of Department (Manager, Research and Development) in 1983.
- Mar 1990-Dec 1995 Associate Professor Thermo/Fluids, Swinburne University of Technology, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- Dec 1995-Dec 1999 Semi-retired but doing part time lecturing at RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.